Those who have registered for the MetroParks Trails Challenge have a little more than one month to check off the trails they wish to complete. Luckily, the cool weather, fewer insects and beautiful views make conditions perfect for hiking, cycling, paddling and more.
The MetroParks Trails Challenge is a fun way to explore the region’s trails. It’s also a fun way to stay active outdoors on your own time and at your own pace.
- The 2021 challenge runs through Oct. 31.
- It includes 28 trails for hiking, walking, cycling, paddling, running, mountain biking and even horseback riding.
- Trails selected allow participants to customize their adventures and work up to more challenging trails.
- Trails vary in length, from 0.71 to 6 miles, so there are many opportunities to invite family — including younger ones — on your outings.
You can participate by completing just one trail. And because you explore the trails in your own way, it’s easy to practice safe social distancing while participating in the challenge. Indeed, the MetroParks Trails Challenge is a convenient way to improve your physical and mental health while connecting with nature and enjoying an active lifestyle.
You can also win awesome prizes for checking off trails on your log. Completing just one trail enters you for the chance to win a prize. Learn more about how you can win a Huffy mountain bike, Kids Adventure Pack and more.
Find fall views and complete challenges
MetroParks Trail Challenge participants who want to experience all the colors of fall should make it a priority to check off the following trails in their log as the leaves start to change. Because fall color is so depended on temperatures, it’s best to check the Ohio Department of Natural Resources Fall Color Map to stay up to date on the changing leaves.
MetroParks also will post updates on social media when staff notice colors changing in the parks. Follow along on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to stay up-to-date on all the fall happenings – including leaf peeping opportunities – in MetroParks.
- Hills & Dales MetroPark: Adirondack Trail (Hike) – Trails Challenge #11
- Taylorsville MetroPark: Yellow Trail (Hike) – Trails Challenge #15
- Wolf Creek Paved Trail (Walk/Bike) – Trails Challenge #3
- Mad River (Paddle) – Trails Challenge #2
- Twin Creek MetroPark: Orange Trail (Hike) – Trails Challenge #23
- Stillwater River Paved Trail (Walk/Bike) – Trails Challenge #4
- Sugarcreek MetroPark: Green Trail (Hike) – Trails Challenge #25