Ghostlight Coffee is partnering with GoZERO Services, GreenSpeed Products, and, hopefully, its customers, for a no-waste coffee shop experience. The coffeehouse is introducing a new composting system, all compostable single-use carry out items, and an affordable line of reusable mugs, tumblers and stainless steel straws.
New composting procedures made possible through GoZero’s commercial food waste services will encourage guests to discard waste into proper containers for collection. Shop employees and signage will educate and remind guests of the color coding system (blue for recycling, green for composting, and black for landfill trash). All hot and cold beverage cups, plates, and utensils will be from GreenSpeed Products, making them fully compostable — green bin, please!
With active participation, they estimate the effort can save 80,000-100,000 plastic utensils, cups, lids and straws, from being sent to local landfills this year. Ghostlight’s owner Shane Anderson has been working with Geoff Fansher of GreenSpeed Products for over a year to finalize the transition.
“Recycling restrictions didn’t leave us with too many effective options until we learned of GoZERO Services,” said Anderson. “Their compost collection, along with new compostable packaging products and commitment of our baristas & customers should make a considerable leap towards sustainability.”
In addition to it’s composting efforts, Ghostlight is encouraging frequent guests to purchase reusable items such as cold drink tumblers, travel mugs, and metal straws. The stainless steel straws, released earlier this summer, have been a promising early sign. Ghostlight has had to restock three times in the past month.
The coffee shop is working towards a goal of 90% of all service items being either compostable or recyclable by the end of the year.
“The key to this effort will be our staff and customers making the commitment to disposing items properly.” said Anderson. “One easy decision can make a huge impact. It’s up to you!”
Mon – Thu: 7a-5:30p
Fri & Sat: 7a-7p
COFFEE 12oz / 16oz
- Morning Rush Machine Drip Coffee (Ghostlight Blend & South Park Blend, available until Noon) – $2 / $2.50
- Cold Brew (Available Seasonally) – $3.40 (16oz)
- Double Shot – $2.25
- Macchiato – $2.75
- Cappuccino – $3
- Gibraltar – $3
- Latte – $3.25 / $3.75
- Iced Latte – $3.75
- Flavored Latte – $4 / $4.50
- Iced Flavored Latte – $4.50
- Cafe Con Miel (Local Honey Lattes) – $4.25 / $4.75
- Mocha – $4 / $4.50
- Iced Mocha – $4.75
- Chai Latte – $3.25 / $3.75
- Iced Chai – $4.25
- Hot Chocolate – $3 / $3.50
Some of the terrific items frequently offered at Ghostlight Coffee:
- Vegan Muffins & Vegan Treats by scratch from the Ghostlight Coffee Bakers
- Weekday Scones by scratch from the Ghostlight Coffee Bakers
- Cookies & Biscotti by scratch from the Ghostlight Coffee Bakers
- Special Occasion Pies by scratch from the Ghostlight Coffee Bakers
- Customizable Oatmeal Cups by scratch from the Ghostlight Coffee Bakers (make it your own flavor using a Jo Snow Syrup or Jams & Jellies from Hawthorn Homestead)
- French Macarons by Bonjour Macarons
- Awesome decorated theme cookies by Gem City Sweets
- Gluten Free Muffins & Treats by Tina’s Sweet Treats
- Bean-to-Bar Chocolates by Maverick Chocolate, Askinosie Chocolate & Dick Taylor Chocolate
- Taos Mountain Energy Bars & The Gluten Free Bars (gluten free, vegan bars)
- Kind, Larabars, Clif, & other various snack bars