Downtown’s next free First Friday event will be held from 5 to 10 p.m. Friday, Jan. 3.
Several businesses will offer post-holiday shopping sales and discounts. Students can represent their schools during a School Pride Ice Skate at RiverScape MetroPark and the monthly Courteous Mass bike ride will seek to light up the night.
Details are below about other events taking place at participating locations during the Jan. 3 First Friday.
• CADC, 45 S. St. Clair St.: Featuring an after-holidays close-out sale with appetizers and eggnog to snack on while shopping. Call 313-9883.
• Clash Consignment, 521 E. Fifth St.: Showing art exhibit Sight Sizeby Adam Mitchell and Stephanie Riolo with live music by the Left Hooks. Call 241-9434.
• Color of Energy, 16 Brown St.: (Open until 8 p.m.) Reception with Abby Rose who will discuss her involvement in the art community and her new position as events director for Mike Elsass. Call 266-3491.
• Dayton Art Institute, 456 Belmonte Park North: (Open until 8 p.m.)Showing the exhibits Object of Devotion and A Buckeye Abroad: Frank Wilcox in Paris. Call for cost. 223-4278.
• Dayton Society of Painters and Sculptors, 48 High St.: (Open until8 p.m.) Exhbiting work from new members and serving light refreshments. Call 228-4532.
• Dayton Visual Arts Center 118 N. Jefferson St.: (Open until 8 p.m.) Exhbiting paintings by Zachary Armstrong. Call 224-3822.
• Gallery 510 Fine Art, 508 E. Fifth St.: Featuring new artwork and gifts by a variety of artists. Call 672-6717.
• Olive, an Urban Dive, 416 E. Third St.: Hosting “Buy It off the Wall,’ featuring the up-close nature photography of Diane Stava available for purchase, and offering Esther Price hot chocolate to go. Also featuring Olive’s new winter menu. Call 222-3483.
• Blind Bob’s, 430 E. Fifth St.: Featuring happy hour from 4 to 8 p.m., $2.50 well drinks, 75 cents off bourbon and other drink specials. Music by Cherry Lee and the Hotrod Hounds, and The Sandwich. Call 938-6405.
• De’Lish Café, 139 N. Main St.: Featuring happy hour from 4 to 7 p.m. during a mix and mingle with downtown business professionals. Call 461-2233.
• Dublin Pub, 300 Wayne Ave.: Featuring happy hour until 6 p.m., a performance by the Miami Valley Pipe and Drum group starting at 6 p.m., and live music from Mothergrove starting at 9 p.m. Call 224-7822.
• Gilly’s, 132 S. Jefferson St.: Old Skool Groove Night from 8 p.m. to midnight. Call 228-8414.
• Oregon Express, 336 E. Fifth St.: Featuring half-price pizza from 4 to 8 p.m. and live music by Linda Prevo and South Side Slackers from8:30 p.m. Call 223-9205.
• Trolley Stop, 530 E. Fifth St.: Live music starting at 9:30 p.m. and happy hour from 4 to 7 p.m. Call 461-1101.
• Deaf Monty’s Wine, 22 Brown St.: $2 tastings of select wines. Call 225-9463.
• Franco’s Ristorante Italiano, 824 E. Fifth St.: 10 percent off food. Call 222-0204.
• Lucky’s Taproom and Eatery, 520 E. Fifth St.: Dinner specials, along with the special tapping of a firkin of craft beer. Call 222-6800.
• Riff Raff Tavern on the Canal, 130 N. Patterson Blvd.: Drink specials offered throughout the night. Call 361-3131.
• Salar, 400 E. Fifth St.: DJ in the lounge and drink specials starting at10 p.m. Call 203-3999.
• Smokin’ Bar-B-Que, 200 E. Fifth St.: 10 percent off food. Call 586-9790.
• Thai 9, 11 Brown St.: 15 percent off food. Call 222-3227.
• Uno Chicago Grill, 126 N. Main St.: 10 percent off food. Call 910-8000.
• Don Crawford Plaza in front of Fifth Third Field, 220 N. Patterson Blvd.: The monthly Courteous Mass Ride will meet at 5:30 p.m. This month will be a glow-ride. Dress up your bike with lights, wear glow bracelets or necklaces — anything to make you glow. All tours are free and welcome any skill level.
• Grass Roots Enrichment and Wellness Center, 400 E. Fifth St., Suite C: (Open until 8 p.m.) Featuring teen artist Sarah Libassi, along with activities for families and light refreshments. Call 723-6747.
• The Neon, 130 E. Fifth St.: Call 222-SHOW (7469) for films and show times.
• RiverScape MetroPark, MetroParks Ice Rink, 111 E. Monument Ave: School Pride Night Ice skate from 7 to 10 p.m.; $7 includes admission and skate rental; half-priced admission available with student ID. Call 278-2607.
• Wiley’s Comedy Niteclub, 101 Pine St.: Featuring comedian Steve Lott. Shows begins at 9 p.m. Tickets are $12 per person. Call 224-5653.
• American Pi, 41 S. St. Clair St.: Featuring a store-wide 50 percent off sale (contact store for details). Call 938-7890.
• Beaute Box, 116 W. Fifth St.: Free makeup lessons. Call 903-3165.
• Found Treasures 4 You, 502 Wayne Ave.: Offering 20 percent off everything in the store. Call 580-8803.
• ReCreate, 438 E. Fifth St.: Sale on select items, including new and used instruments, other music-related items, and original artwork. Call 321-3517.
• Sew Dayton, 261 Wayne Ave.: Offering 10 percent off all independent patterns and sweet treats from the 2nd street market. Call 234-7398.
• Sherwood Florist, 444 E. Third St.: (Open until 8 p.m.) Offering 10 percent off all in-store items. Call 298-3655.
• Spice Paradise, 8 Brown St.: Offering samples of Indian food to visitors. Call 224-3227.
Come out to enjoy all the best that Dayton has to offer!