We Care Arts is a non-profit organization that helps emotionally, mentally and physically disabled adults and youth achieve greater personal independence. Through a variety of art classes and experiences, they promote the artist’s individuality, self esteem, community skills, ability to focus, life skills, responsibility, confidence and job skills.
Through the creation and sale of their individually crafted items, artists are able to affirm their self worth, take steps back into the mainstream of society and receive a supplemental income. We Care Arts provides all training and materials to artists and a portion of the proceeds of all sales is returned to the artist. The remainder goes back to program funding.
On Sat Dec 5th from 10am – 2pm, We Care Arts will host it’s annual Cookie Walk fundraiser. Thousands of the most gorgeous, bite-size, melt-in-your-mouth cookies will be arranged on long tables. At the start of the walk, you will receive a food service glove and bakery box. As you make your way along the cookie tables, you select as many goodies as you want, in as many varieties as you want. At the end of the walk, your box (or boxes) of cookies is weighed. The Cost – $5 per pound!!
Come buy cookies, donate cookies or candy, volunteer to help at the event and help spread the word!!
How can you help?
Helping We Care Arts by donating home-baked cookies for our event. The guidelines for donations are as follows:
1. Please contact Martha Leach at 426-5312 to confirm your donation to the
2. We’d prefer the cookies to be miniature, bite-sized (approximately 1-1/2”). Buyers feel they can get more variety if the cookies are smaller. If your cookie works better larger, that’s ok, we’ll take them all!
3. Make your cookies extraordinary! This is an event where people can purchase homemade cookies that they normally would not make themselves. Ethnic or unusual ingredients, dipped cookies, or a variation on an old favorite are big sellers. We also welcome diabetic-friendly cookies as well as bite-sized bar cookies.
4. Homemade candies and snacks are also accepted.
5. Please include a 3×5 card with the name of the cookie and listed ingredients to inform persons with food allergies. This card will be set out with the cookies, so please print! Also specify on your 3×5 card if the cookie is diabetic friendly or sugar-free. (If you wish to be contacted for donations for next year, please fill out the form below and return it with your donation.)
6. Cookies must be delivered to We Care Arts, 3035 Wilmington Pike, on Friday, December 4, between the hours of 10 AM and 3 PM.