Sinclair Workforce Development, in partnership with PNC Financial Services Group, Inc., has created a week-long training program in response to a growing need for appropriately-skilled individuals to perform entry-level customer service and mortgage servicing roles in a call center environment. Each segment of this program focuses on introducing time-tested, effective concepts to increase the knowledge, skills, and abilities of these future financial services and customer service employees.
In addition to collaborating on the course content, PNC has committed to
interview all interested participants that successfully complete the course.
With the successful completion of this course, along with the submission of your online application, students are guaranteed an interview with PNC for one of the following areas: Customer Service, Collections, or Single Point of Contact. The STARTING WAGES for these 3 roles are $15-$16 per hour PLUS an incentive that can be up to a max of $450 per month!
According to Hope Arthur, Director of Workforce Development at Sinclair Community College, ideal candidates for this program “have recently graduated high school or are in college, but are not sure what they want to do for a career AND with people interested in transitioning into a customer service career.”Successful graduates of this program will receive a Sinclair Community College Workforce Development Certificate of Completion and the nationally recognized Customer Service Certification (CSC) Designation endorsed by the International Customer Service Association.
The upcoming class will run August 19-23, 2013 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the Sinclair Conference Center, Building 12, on Sinclair’s downtown Dayton campus. Free parking provided to all participants.
Class topics will include the following:
• Banking and Mortgage Industry Basics and Terminology
• Nationally recognized Customer Service Certification (CSC) Training
• Thriving in a Call Center Environment
• Preparing for Success in the Job Search, including Resume Writing and Interview Skills
• Participants must be 18 years of age on or before class end date
• Participants must have a high school diploma or GED
• Participants must be able to pass a criminal background check and a drug test
• Participants need basic math, reading, and computer skills and good interpersonal and communication skills.
To successfully complete the program, participants must attend all scheduled classes. Participants are expected to:
• Arrive on time and remain in class until dismissed
• Actively engage in class discussions and complete all assignments
• Pass the course evaluation with a minimum score of 85%
Any participant not meeting the attendance and the evaluation requirements will be dismissed from the program.
Fee: $99 per person. A limited number of scholarships are available. Sinclair will assess, prioritize, and award these $99 scholarships based upon financial need and a review of each applicant’s resume to determine which education and experience most closely align to this program.
Interested individuals, please contact Sinclair Workforce Development at 937-252-9787 or workforcedevelopment@sinclair.