A program of the Dayton Area Chamber of Commerce, Generation Dayton encourages talented young professionals who live and work in the Dayton region to meet, network, learn, grow and establish themselves as integral components in the future success of the region. Each month we’ll introduce you to one of their members with a spotlight interview. So meet our next young professional:
- Name: Aaron Flatter
Title: Technical Sales Specialist
- Organization: Agil IT
- Community Involvement: Generation Dayton employee relations committee & HYPE of Miami County.
- Hobbies and Interests: Golf, woodworking, flying and nuclear power.
- Favorite Area Eatery: The Wine Gallery and Café.
- Favorite Weekend Activity: Spending time with my wife, golfing and enjoying almost anything that includes the outdoors.
- What do you love about Dayton?
Dayton is home for me. Well, technically I live in the middle of corn and bean fields, but its close enough. I’ve been around Dayton my entire life and just when I think there’s something missing, well, that’s when my wife usually clues me in. Dayton may be a rather small city but it’s not lacking charm, culture or diversity. There are so many wonderful organizations and local business that help make Dayton the city that it is. Of course I can’t keep my mind from wandering to all the other good things Dayton offers such as Boston Stokers coffee, the seemingly never ending beer menu at Chappys, and too many local places to even mention when it comes to delicious food. I love Dayton not just because it’s home to me and most of my family but because its home to so many other wonderful people as well. I can’t quite imagine my life without Dayton, or without Pub Fries from the Dublin Pub.
- How has Generation Dayton aided your professional, personal and/or social development?
- Generation Dayton has given me the opportunities to interact with fellow young professionals that share similar morals, goals and interest.
- Tell us a little more about your profession and company…
- Agil IT designs, builds, maintains and secures information and infrastructures for ambulatory care healthcare practices. Our mission is to help these organizations leverage their investments in technology to establish themselves as leaders in their industry. Agil IT sees and understands the evolution of healthcare, especially as the federal government is pushing hard for Electronic Health Records (EHR) adoption and with potential cuts to reimbursements coming down the pike for medical practices, operational efficiency is paramount. We help those practices with those efficiencies, which in turn help them to provide the best patient care…all through technology and consulting.
- What do you enjoy about your career/profession? Employer?
- The challenges that arrive with every new technology breakthrough and having the opportunity to do this in a passionate and energetic work environment.
- Favorite quote or inspiratonal saying:
- “You can’t live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you.” John Wooden
“The price for success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and determination that whether we win or lose, we applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand.” Vince Lombardi
- Click here to view past featured professionals.