Can you believe it’s August already? I know, me either. Back to school time is around the corner. This is the point in the year when you have to ask yourself if you’ve really made the most of these fleeting summer months. If you’re in need of a rockin’ outdoor party with sweet bands, hot BBQ, root beer floats, tasty brews, with a kid zone – without going far from home – you’re in for a treat this Saturday. The cynic might say “Well that sounds like any other festival…” Actually, no – on top of all that – there is a tattoo convention indoors too! Whoa!
The We Care Arts annual Arts & Drafts Festival is a true entertainment extravaganza! Join the party from 2-10pm on August 3rd at the We Care Arts Berkeley Studio at 3035 Wilmington Pk in Kettering. All ages welcome! $10 at the door or pre-sale. Check out all the fun and special treats in store for festival goers below. Plus! All proceeds directly go back to We Care Art’s mission to turn disabilities into possibilities!
For Music Fan’s listening pleasure:
* 2pm – Doug Hart – longtime staple in the Dayton Blues community
* 2:40pm – Woodsii – a California girl who will steal your heart!
* 3:30pm – Christopher Heider – a Dayton guitarist and Arts & Drafts enthisiast
* 4:30pm – Nasty Bingo – a special set from this outstanding folkadelic four piece
* 5:35pm – Founding Fathers – an innovative alternative band from Cincinnati
* 6:45pm – isicle – our “in between sets” DJ performs a live looping set to get ya movin’
* 7:30-9:45pm – Wolf Moon Revival – takin’ it home with blues rock for your soul
Thinking about getting a tattoo? Get one on site! Yes really!
* Dustin Clark, Artie Perkins, and Jenny Reeves from Truth & Triumph
* Blake Moran and Natasha Woolley from Unfiltered Ink
* Cody Torres from Blue Byrd Tattoo
For the Thirsty & Hungry, we are thrilled to serve Dayton’s best:
*Craft Beers & non-alcoholic beers from Warped Wing Brewery
*Cocktails using Dayton made Buckeye Vodka – with an *exclusive* Arts & Drafts drink: The Dayton Mule – featuring Warped Wing ginger beer with Buckeye Vodka!
*Food from Bricky Barrels Smoked BBQ – featuring a memu of smoked bbq ribs, pulled pork, chicken, hot dogs, smoked cheddar Mac and cheese, coleslaw and baked beans and more!
*We Care Arts will also be selling Philly Pretzel Factory and homemade root beer floats featuring Warped Wing root beer and Fox & Hound ice cream!
For the Kiddos:
*Wild Heart African Farm will be stopping by with a special animal! Adorable!
*Prime Time Party Rental has generously donated a load of games to play.
*Our new Programming Director Caitlin Cartwright will be face painting too!
HOW TO GO:
- The We Care Arts annual Arts & Drafts Festival from 2-10pm on August 3rd
- Address: 3035 Wilmington Pk in Kettering.
- Parking is available in nearby lots or residential streets.
- Going to drink? We encourage you to get a ride, Lyft or Uber on your way!
- All ages welcome!
- $10 at the door or for pre-sale click here.