The Ponitz Culinary Program, at David H Ponitz Career Technology Center, Dayton & Table 33 are pleased to present PAVE THE PATH Benefit Dinner, a culinary journey through England, France & Italy this Saturday evening, Jan 27th. There will be two seatings, 6pm and 8pm for this dinner.
The special night will include a 4-course dinner that guides you through the enchanting cuisines of the four locales these culinary students will travel this summer. Live entertainment and an optional wine pairing menu will be a part of the evening. Here’s what’s on the menu:
Inspired by London, England
Crisps Trio – Table 33’s own house made duck fat, Potato Crisps. Lightly seasoned and served with a trio of dips: Baked Pimento Cheese Dip (Table 33 staple), English Curry Dip accented with apples and Riesling soaked golden raisins (vegan), Tomato Bacon Jam with Malt Vinegar
Inspired by Paris, France
- Parisian Blues Salad – a bed of winter greens, pear, caramelized pecans, and a brilliant maple dressing all brought together to spotlight a true Parisan Blue Cheese. Served with toast points.
- Deconstructed French Onion Soup – rich veggie broth using a red wine and mushrooms to give a great flavor (vegan) Raclette Style Cheese Fondue, with toast points for the ultimate experience.
Inspired by Florence, Northern Italy
- Barolo Braised Beef –Keener Farm’s local, sustainable, 100% grass fed beef, slowly braised in Barolo wine with carrots, celery, mushrooms, and a beautiful array of herbs and spices
- Baccala alla Fiorentina – salted cod, seared and topped with a Fiorentina sauce of fresh tomato, red onion, olive oil, fresh rosemary and sprinkled with parmesan
- Mushroom Ragu All’Inzimino – mushroom ragu made with white wine, slow simmered vegetable broth, inzimino a lovely mix of northern beans, chick peas, spinach, greens, fresh herbs and rich tomato puree (vegan)
- Polenta – rich with olive oil drizzle, finished off with heavy cream, parmesan, and fresh parsley
- Broccolini – roasted and tossed in olive oil with fresh garlic, lemon zest and pepper (vegan)
Inspired by Rome, Southern Italy
A trio of sweet bites
- Italian Cream Cake – Traditional Italian cream cake with pecans (Table 33 Staple)
- Olive Oil Cake – Cake made with the finest olive oil and fresh orange zest, rolled in a chocolate espresso glaze, glistened with olive oil and a charred candied orange
- Panna Cotta – hand crafted with coconut milk, smothered with a fresh berry coulis, garnished with fresh lemon peel (vegan)
***All Menu Items are Gluten Free***
Tickets can be purchased online for $60 for this dinner at Table 33. Proceeds from the event will help send these Ponitz Culinary students on a life-changing adventure to Europe that includes educational stops in London, Paris, Florence and Rome! Chef Steph and Chef Head, the co-instructors of the Ponitz Hospitality Management and Culinary Program, have been working with these students both in classroom and off-site, supporting numerous charity events, where they show up as extra hands to support local chefs in their catering gigs. These opportunities provide real life experience that let these students get a realistic view of the business they will be joining upon graduation.
To learn more about the trip, visit https://www.eftours.com/