As we prepare to honor Detective Jorge Del Rio with viewing and funeral services, we have additional information to provide the public regarding these events.
Monday, November 11, 2019 from 4:00-9:00 p.m. at the University of Dayton Arena.
The gates of the University of Dayton Arena parking lot will be open; however the doors to the arena will NOT open before 4 p.m.
The doors will close at 9 p.m., but anyone already inside the arena to pay their respects to Detective Del Rio will be able to do so.
Tuesday, November 12, 2019 from 12:00-2:00 p.m. at the University of Dayton Arena.
University of Dayton Arena Gate D parking lot will open to the public.
General public entrance doors will open.
Please arrive by 11:15 a.m. or earlier to avoid a delay in being seated before the memorial service begins. Reminder: Magnetometers will be used at entrances.
The memorial service will begin.
Approximate time the memorial service will conclude.
The procession of law enforcement (only) vehicles begins at the conclusion of the funeral service.
- From University of Dayton Arena, northbound on S. Edwin C Moses to W. Third Street
- Eastbound on W. Third Street to Webster Street
- Northbound on Webster Street to E. Monument Street
- Eastbound on E. Monument Street to N. Keowee Street
- Southbound on N. Keowee Street to E. Fifth Street
- Westbound on E. Fifth Street to Wayne Avenue
- Southbound on Wayne Avenue to Wyoming Street
- Westbound on Wyoming Street to Brown Street
- Southbound on Brown Street/Oakwood Avenue to Far Hills Avenue (Route 48)
- Southbound onto Far Hills Avenue (Route 48)
- Far Hills Avenue (Route 48) to Rahn Road where the procession will conclude