Grab your friends or family, or enjoy a solo day on the town, exploring downtown Dayton businesses and attractions with the re-vamped Downtown Dayton Self-Guided Walking Tours. Updated to include new businesses and sites, and now on a new app platform, these walking tours are the perfect outdoor experience to explore downtown Dayton, rediscover an old favorite spot, or find a new favorite downtown business.
“In the past few years, we have welcomed dozens of new businesses to downtown Dayton and brightened our city with new murals throughout our streetscape” said Sandra K. Gudorf, president of the Downtown Dayton Partnership. “By updating our downtown Self-Guided Walking Tours, we hope residents and visitors can take advantage of the information and maps in our walks to get out and support local businesses.”
The themed, self-guided tours are accessible right on your phone. These tours make use of the app Roamli – a simple app you can install on your phone (in the Apple or GooglePlay Store) that lets you see your current location in relation to the self-guided walking tour maps that the Downtown Dayton Partnership has created.
The following self-guided walking tours are currently available:
- Outdoor Public Art Walk – Roamli code: DAYTONART
- Downtown Brewery & Distillery – Roamli code: DAYTONBEER
- Espresso & Treats – Roamli code: DAYTONCAFE
This video will guide you through using the Roamli app to take the self-guided tours:
- Once you have it downloaded on your phone, open the app and select the “Sign Up” button from login screen. Follow the steps to create an account, using your email address and creating a password.
- After creating your account, the app will take you through a quick tutorial.
- On the sidebar menu of the home screen of the app, tap the menu on the edge of the screen
- Select the middle option “Tracks”
- Insert the walking tour code (listed above)
- Click on the image of the walking tour
- To save this tour to your “favorite track” so you can easily find it later on – hit the start button on the top right of the screen
- Tap “Press to Start” to begin the tour
- Choose “View Challenges” to explore all the locations that will be on the tour
- Or go directly to the map to see the walking route.