Calling all Cornholers… Beginners, intermediate, advanced… it doesnt matter. June 10th is your day. You all have a shot at the $250 prize and anything could go your way. Can you throw that bag filled with corn? Can you knock it through the hole or leave it dangling on the board for points?
Dayton’s biggest cornhole tournament will be in Miamisburg again at the Rock n Green Tomato Festival on Saturday June 10th. You can sign up now and save money or signup the day of the event.
WHAT: 7th ANNUAL ROCK N GREEN TOMATO CORNHOLE TOURNAMENT
WHEN: SAT. JUNE 10th – TEAMS CHECK IN 11:30 AM, playing starts at NOON
WHERE: RIVERFRONT PARK IN MIAMISBURG – next to RONS PIZZA on MAIN STREET
COST: $20 per team in advance, $30 per team day of the event.
PRIZE: $250 WINNER TAKE ALL !
This tournament has become a tradition and is one of Dayton’s biggest corhole contests. The atmosphere is laid back and background activities are live bands and food and craft vendors. It is a perfect chance to bring the family, a few lawn chairs and let them listen to the free music and enjoy the kids activities as well.WANT TO PLAY? DOWNLOAD THE SIGNUP SHEET —> HERE
WHAT IS CORHOLE YOU SAY ?????
HERE’S THE SKINNY ON THE GAME OF CORNHOLE:
— It is essentially a bean bag toss towards a board, 33 feet away
— You get 4 bean bag tosses each turn
— Object is to accumulate points by throwng your bag into the hole, or landing it on the board
— The strategy is to also keep your opponent from scoring points
— The first team to score 21 points, wins
The following is a list of terms commonly used in cornhole. (For the record, we at Food Adventures have been using words like “Dirty Rollup” and “Slippery Granny” for years under different circumstances).
- Ace or cow pie: A bag landing on the board, worth one point.
- Back door or Dirty Rollup: A cornhole bag that rolls over the top of a blocker and into the hole.
- Backstop: A bag that lands past the hole but remains on the board creating a backboard for a slider to knock into without going off the board.
- Blocker: A bag that lands in front of the hole, blocking the hole.
- Cornfusion: When players or teams cannot agree on the scoring
- Cornhole: A bag that falls in the hole, which is worth three points.
- Cornucopia: A player possessing a wide variety of skills
- Dirty bag: A bag that is on the ground or is hanging off the board touching the ground.
- Flop: Type of toss without rotation or spin.
- Grasshopper: A bag that bounces off the grass or ground and lands on the board for a point.
- Screaming Eagle: A bag that flys beyond the board without hitting the board.
- Slippery Granny: Scoring three bags in a row on the board only.
- Gusher, double deuce, Cornholio, or Four Bagger: Four cornholes by a single player in a single round.
- Hanger: A bag on the lip of the hole ready to drop.
- Hooker: A bag hitting the board and hooking or curving around into the hole.
- Jumper: A bag that strikes another bag on the board causing it to bounce up into the hole.
- Leprechaun or Clover: When a player attains all four bags onto the board without getting any into the hole.
- Po-lice: The cornhole referee
- Sally or Shortbag: A weak toss that and lands on the ground before reaching the board.
- Shucker: When a player throws a bag and it knocks an opponent’s bag off the board.
- Skunk, whitewash or shutout: A game that ends in an 11–0 score.
- Slider or a White Castle: A cornhole bag that slides into the hole.
- Swish: A bag that goes directly in the hole without touching the board.
- Shotgun: Throwing all your bags at once.
This isn’t just a great day for Cornhole. It is a great opportunity for a Food Adventure. And that’s what we will be there for.. Food and live music…
MUST EATS AFTER A CORNHOLE MATCH AT THE ROCKnGREEN TOMATO FESTIVAL:
— THE HAMBURGER WAGON will be at the park. If you are feeling really competitive, you can also enter the Burger eating contest at 2pm!
— RON’S PIZZA patio and dining room will be open, featuring a full menu. Let us suggest the deluxe pizza, extra sauce with a special drink of the day – “Green Draft Beer.”
— The ICE CREAM TROLLEY is always a cool stop on a summer’s day of cornhole
— SCHIAVONE’S – Meatballs, Italian Pork Sandwiches, pasta, rum pudding and Cannolis
— TOTALLY AWESOME BRANDS – Kettle Corn, Lemonade, Fudge Puppies
— MIAMISBURG ATHLETICS/RON’S BOOTH – Fried Green Tomatoes, Tomato Sliders, Green Tomato Pizza
Mark your calendars !!!!
We will see you at Miamisburg’s Riverfront Park, downtown, behind Ron’s Pizza on JUNE 10th.
So, stretch out those hamstrings, crack those knuckles and roll your wrists. Get loosey goosey and let the bean bags fly!
Join the Food Adventures crew at the Rock N Green Tomato Festival, 2017.
Below is an schedule of events and photos from the past: