A since THANK YOU to all who were out yesterday on clean up sites or at donation sites volunteering. Here is an update for today. As we look to next week we will be focusing morning on individual family needs including ongoing food / supply outreach and housing needs. I will continue to send updates on specific volunteer opportunities however, as those come in. Have a wonderful Sunday!
TORNADO RELIEF UPDATE SUNDAY 6.9 – VOLUNTEER / DONATION NEEDS
VOLUNTEER & SUPPLY DONATION OPPORTUNITIES
Harrison Township Fire Station 2400 Turner Road
VOLUNTEERS (older kids can help too!)
Show up to volunteer anytime between 10 and 6; 12 and 6 on Sunday. They need help unloading and sorting donations as well as talking to people as they pull up to pick up donations and assessing their needs then bringing whatever they need to their car and loading it up. call or text Amanda at 309-370-8741 and she will supply you with a specific location that needs your help.
Canned vegetables, soup, dish soap, laundry soap, peanut butter, jelly, bread, pasta, pasta sauce, cereal, conditioner, paper towels, toilet paper, large size body wash, Diapers – size 4, 5, and size 6. Along with cleaning supplies like brooms mops rags, trash bags.
Hopeland Church at Stop 8 and Miller Lane is in need of backpacks canned goods cleaning supplies, feminine and hygiene products along with laundry detergent. They are also looking for ongoing help with sorting and distribution of donations.
Matthew 25 is seeking additional supplies for disaster preparedness and distribution. Always needed and appreciated supplies include – Donation Drop Off for Dayton is Montgomery County Fairground.
▪ Monetary Donations: Donate online, mail checks to Matthew 25: Ministries, 11060 Kenwood Road, Cincinnati, OH 45242 100% of donated funds designated for Tornado Relief will be used for the purpose intended.
▪ Non-Perishable Food: PULL TOP canned vegetables, fruits etc.; ready to eat dry goods such as nuts, peanut butter, dried fruits, granola and trail mixes, jerkies, ready to eat snacks; bottled water; ready- to-eat meals or MREs etc.
▪ Personal Care Products: Antibacterial soap, hand sanitizer, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, body wash, deodorant, lotion etc.
▪ Cleaning supplies: Laundry detergents, general cleaner, sponges, bleach (powdered form is preferred), mops, scrub brushes, buckets, rubber gloves etc.
▪ Paper products: Toilet paper, paper towels etc.
▪ Baby and infant supplies: Diapers, wipes, diaper rash ointment, baby wash, baby shampoo, baby lotion etc.
▪ First-Aid items: Bandages, gauze, pads, first aid tape, antiseptic creams, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, latex gloves, instant cold packs etc.
▪ New and gently used clothing; new underwear and socks in original packaging
▪ Candles and flashlights: If necessary, please include the appropriate size batteries with any flashlight donation
▪ Clean-up supplies: Protective eyewear, work gloves, masks, shovels, screwdrivers, saws, trash bags etc.
The Greene in Beavercreek is a permanent drop off site for The Foodbank and is taking bottled water and non-perishables for disaster relief. Items can be
dropped at the security office 24-hours a day located at 4452 Buckeye Lane.
Fairborn UMC, 100 N. Broad St., in Fairborn, is taking donations of water, non-perishable food, cleaning supplies and more.
Team Rubicon focuses on serving vulnerable and at-risk populations affected by disaster. Contact them if you have a volunteer group and they can direct you to a site needing help. Dodds@teamrubiconusa.org
Montgomery County is seeking volunteers. Licensed professionals in skilled trades, medical and veterinary fields, as well as individuals and companies that own and operate equipment — everything from chainsaws to heavy equipment — are needed. Volunteers will be matched to organizations with specific volunteer needs. Volunteers need their phooto ID, and can register at Sinclair Community College, Building 20. You can register seven days a week from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m
OTHER CASH / MONETARY DONATIONS
Dayton Foundation Relief Fund
United Way Dayton
Matthew 25 Ministries