First, you must take and pass the Jeopardy! Test. If you pass the test and meet the minimum eligibility requirements, you will be placed into a random selection process for an invitation to an audition. Assuming you perform well at the audition, you will be placed into the contestant pool and could be invited to compete up to 18 months from your audition date. Making it to an audition is not a guarantee of being invited to compete on the show.
Applicants must meet the following requirements to meet basic eligibility:
- Must be over 18 (except for the Teen Tournament and College Championship).
- For the Teen Tournament, must be between the ages of 13 and 17 at the time of taping.
- College Championship applicants must be full-time undergraduates with no previous bachelor’s degrees.
- Must not have appeared on any version of the show with Alex Trebek.
- Within the last five years, must not have been employed by or related to, or have known anyone who works for Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc., Sony Pictures Television Inc., Quadra Productions, Inc., CBS Television Distribution, Wheel of Fortune or Jeopardy! prize suppliers, or any TV station (including advertisers and related radio stations) broadcasting Wheel of Fortune or Jeopardy!
The Jeopardy! Test is the primary entry point for anyone who wants to compete on Jeopardy! It allows fans to qualify for an audition by taking the 50-question Jeopardy! test at a convenient time, using their home or work computer.
Three-day testing events to qualify for our regular shows are offered to adults one to two times per year. You may take the test on any day that is convenient, but only once per event. Multiple entries could result in disqualification.