Are you a beer lover? August looks to be an excellent month to attend a variety of beer tastings. Some of theses will sell out in advance and most do cost more at the door, so you’ll want to think about purchasing tickets in advance. This doesn’t include weekly tastings at Arrow Wine, Whole Foods, Ollie’s and so many more of our favorite drinking spots, check our MostMetro Calendar for those!
Some other tips (learned from experience) include:
- Wear comfortable shoes – You’ll be on your feet most of the time, seating is rare at these events, and it’s not out of the realm that you’ll get stepped on and spilled on, so be prepared.
- Have Pockets or a Cross Body Bag – You’ll want somewhere to hold your keys, phone and to put all the swag you’re likely to get from brewers!
- Water – It’s your friend- drink lots of it, between brews!
- Snacks – If you’re not sure, pack a protein bar or two or string some pretzels around your neck.
- Hat, Shades & Sunscreen – a must for those outdoor events;
- A camera- taking pictures of the labels of your new favorites is an easy way to remember they for purchase later.
- untappd– think of it like Facebook for beer
August 19 @ 7-11pm
No pretension here- host great Ohio Beers! We’er celebrating the bucket state with a night full of some the best Ohio breweries we could wrangle, all under one roof. …Find out more »